Monday, July 9, 2012

A New Backyard - Well Almost

We started this project a while ago.  Rented a rototiller and all.  Then made multiple trips to Olawalu to get the rocks that had tumbled down the mountain jillions of years ago.  Then I put the mulch that had been sitting out front from when we had the mango tree trimmed.  Then I let it sit, and sit.

And this is where we were when it really started to get hot.  This is the back fence, the plan was to make it prettier to look at...
But what to do about the view to the right, I can't force myself to just stare straight ahead....and if I look just a tiny bit right...I see this.  A concrete slab that used to house a shed that look worse than the shed that is just beyond the concrete slab (Richard believe people have actually lived in these...at one time.)
So I bought some soil...some plants...some irrigation stuff (cause we all know nothing grows without water...) and I started planting, the whole time, not allowing my eyes to venture to the right....

Then Bill had a great idea, what if we covered the concrete slab with a small deck...And it grew from there.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment